Ashraf Historical Hall
A gorgeous hall still hosting high ranking delegations
This monumental hall is located in the royal complex of the safavid era called Ashraf (the noblest) which probably built during the reign of Shah Abbas II, although Chadrin, the famous French traveler, did not directly mention it, but pointed out that Shah Soleyman, the Safavid king, ascended the throne in the same place where known as “Talar-e-Tavile” (the long hall). It was built during the reign of Shah Tahmaseb, and expanded later on the foundation of “Talare-e-Ashraf”, at the time of Shah Abbas II.
It has a high-rise vaulted structure, with very rich ornamental elements such as pendentives and gilt works that represent an exquisite royal space. It was occupied by a group of military attaché of the Russian Army during the First World War, and they had settled, here, a large apparatus, for playing martial music, which caused much damage to its elegant decorative elements and some parts of its gilding covered plaster. They restored and uncovered later during the reign of the first king of the Pahlavi Dynasty exploited as the office of the Educational Department. Some restorations carried out in the recent decade. Nowadays, this hall is used as the Protocol Department of Esfahan Provincial Governorship to receive delegations and heads of states.
|تاریخ به روز رسانی: ||1394/03/21 |
|تعداد بازدید: ||642 |